> Studying in Korea
> Life in Korea
> After arrival in Korea
After arrival in Korea
(a) Preparing Documents:
Foreigners (except for registered foreigners) must fill out the arrival card, and those who are eligible to register must visit the Immigrations Bureau within 90 days of entry to register.
· When you visit (stay or pass through) "Quarantinable Disease Risk Areas" during monitoring period, you must submit "Health
Questionnaire" to a quarantine officer as you entering.
※ Source: Korea Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (KCDC)
(b) Customs Declaration Form: All arriving passengers from foreign countries must prepare and submit a customs declaration form
- When travelling with family, only one customs declaration form needs to be filled out.
- Fill out the customs declaration form and declare corresponding items, and also remember to enter traveler’s name, date of birth, and other personal information.
- Customs Declaration forms may be filled out in the arrival area of the airport, but in order to expedite the process, it is highly recommended the forms be completed before landing.
※ Goods prohibited or restricted for entry into Korea
- Firearms (gun replicas), knives, or other weapons, bullets and explosives, radioactive substances, monitoring instruments, etc.
- Methamphetamine, opium, heroin, cannabis and illicit drug and abused/misused drugs
- Articles harmful to the national constitution, public security or morals or that divulge government secrets
- Fake goods or other items that infringe Intellectual Property Rights or counterfeit currency, notes or securities
- Internationally protected endangered animals, plants, or products made from such(tigers, cobras, turtles, crocodile skin)
※ For more information about customs declaration form, please contact the Incheon Main customs(http://www.customs.go.kr)
※ Source: Incheon Main customs
- The Manned Immigration is the process of being approved at the border and distinguishes between nationals and foreigners.
(d) Baggage Claim: After passing through immigration, please check the large monitor screens to find your baggage carousel number and then take the escalator down to the 1st floor.
(e) Attention: If your baggage cannot be located, proceed to the lost baggage counter for assistance. Oversized baggage must be retrieved at the oversize baggage carousel.
(2) To & From the Airport
(a) Limousine Bus
Many limousine buses to Seoul or other cities are available at the Incheon Airport. You can purchase bus tickets and get information at ticketing offices next to Exit 4 and 9 in Arrival Hall Floor 1 (indoors) or offices next to Exit 4, 6, 7, 8, 11, 13, and 9C (outdoors) at Terminal 1 and indoors on The 2nd Transportation Center (B1) at Terminal 2. The one-way ticket to Seoul usually costs max. 16,000KRW, to Gangneung 34,100KRW, to Daejeon 23,100KRW, Dongdaegu 37,600KRW, Gwangju 36,300KRW (39,900KRW for Night), Busan 44,900KRW (49,400KRW for Night).
* Seoul-bound bus: Dsasan call center 02-120
* Gyeonggi-bound bus: Gyeonggi call center 031-120
* Other cities: Contact local public transportation department or bus companies of each city
(b) Airport Railroad
The fare from Incheon Airport to Seoul Station costs 4,150KRW at Terminal 1, 4,750KRW at Terminal 2 for the commuter trains and 9,000KRW for the express trains.
※ Source: Airport Railroad (http://www.arex.or.kr)
Taxi Stands: Taxi stands are located on the arrival level (1F) at the passenger terminal.
1) Regular Taxi
24:00~04:00 additional late-night charge 20%
2) First-Class/ Oversized Taxi (Up to 9 passengers)
No late-night surcharge or timed fare
3) International Taxi/ SEOUL SMART
Standard Seoul's distance fare applies
Taxis officially designated to provide foreign language service
||Eunpyeong, Seodaemun, Mapo, Gangseo, Yangcheon, Guro, Yeongdeungpo
- Medium Taxi: 55,000
- Luxury/Large Taxi: 80,000
||Jongno, Seongbuk, Jung-gu, Yongsan, Dongdaemun, Seongdong, Dongjak, Gwanak, Geumcheon, Seocho
- Medium Taxi: 65,000
- Luxury/Large Taxi: 95,000
||Dobong, Gangbuk, Nowon, Jungnang, Gwangjin, Gangnam, Songpa, Gangdong
- Medium Taxi: 75,000
- Luxury/Large Taxi: 110,000